Author: NY JETS UK CONTRIBUTOR
It’s a sad day Jets fans: our first Fan Friday of a long offseason.
The Jets ended their season last Sunday with a loss at the hands of the Miami Dolphins, ending the year at 7-10 after a disappointing six-game losing streak.
The NFL playoffs will kick off this weekend, with the Jets next involvement coming in the form of the Pro Bowl next month where four players will represent the Green and White.
Thank you for all of your support over the course of the 2022 season - and remember to get in touch if you’d like to be featured in our Fan Friday series during the offseason!
Let’s meet Adam, a Jets fan from Nottingham!
- Name: Adam Wrathall
- Location in UK: Nottingham
- Jets fan since: 2006
- First Jets memory: Beating the Eagles in week four of the 2006 season
- Favourite Jets memory: Winning the divisional playoff game against the San Diego Chargers in 2009
- Ever visited MetLife? If so, what’s the story?: I have visited once and it was for Wrestlemania in 2019, it was a dream come true to visit MetLife but it wasn't quite a Jets game!
- Favourite current Jet (and why?): Sauce Gardner and why? Well the Browns game for one, the brilliance of the Cheesehead at the Packers game, his attitude of being a Jet he clearly loves it! And he's one the best in the league ALREADY.
- Favourite all-time Jet (and why?): Mark Sanchez. I absolutely loved him as a kid, so many honourable mentions I could say too but I'll go with Mark Sanchez
- Tell us about the trip to Seattle?!: So we set off on the Friday from London Heathrow, got to Seattle about midday after a 10 hour flight but Seattle is eight hours behind London so it was very tiring!
We had an early night Friday and on Saturday we did the Seattle tourist stuff, Pike Place Market, Art Museum, Space Needle, Aquarium, that kind of thing, although we did see a few Jets fans and we had some hellos to say!
Sunday was game day of course! An early but very nervous breakfast started our day but I was full of excitement and nerves right until kick off! We went over to Lumen Field and we walked in and the atmosphere was amazing, such a loud and passionate fanbase but I knew how important this game was too for us and there were not many but a few Jets fans that made the trip over.
My wife came with me on the trip and it was her first NFL game ever! She really enjoyed the game and loved the relaxed atmosphere and that all fans sit together. I think I may have recruited another fan...
The game itself wasn't what any of us wanted but the experience of being there at a Jets game was amazing. I spoke to a few Seahawks fans too and it was such a lovely experience to talk about the game with them too and get their perspective.
Overall it was a dream come true to be at a Jets game in the States, I went to the Falcons game last season in London and that was amazing but being in America watching my Team was almost tear provoking, I hope next season I can get over for a home game, that would be a lifelong dream and a moment I've waited for in itself for 16 years!
I love the Jets and this has only strengthened my love even if I'm still over 3,000 Miles away!
Thanks to Adam for answering our questions and for his amazing support travelling almost 5,000 miles to support the team in Seattle!
For anyone who would like to be featured in future weeks, please get in contact with us via DM on Twitter or via the email address listed below!